Egg White Salad
photo by FLKeysJen
- Ready In:
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, yokes removed, chopped
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup deli pickle, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery heart, with leaf chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup hearts of palm, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- Add more yogurt up to 1 cup as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love that this is fat free! (The Nutrition Facts are incorrect since the evil yolks are removed.) I wasn't super crazy about the taste. I think it could be improved with spices or herbs-it just needs some pizazz since the usual flavor from the yolks and mayo isn't there. I couldn't detect the hearts of palm at all so maybe next time I'd use the whole can or substitute something else. The next day the leftovers were very watery, much more than regular egg salad. This has the potential to be a fantastic healthy recipe with a few changes.