Easy Walnut Fettuccine Alfredo
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from california walnuts home page. Very healthy
- Ready In:
- 1 cup california walnut pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/4 tsp. regular salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen baby peas
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- Place walnuts and water in food processor. Puree until very smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together milk and flour. Add garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring until slightly thickened and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in walnut mixture; simmer and stir over low heat until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- Combine pasta, peas, Parmesan and sauce. Stir over low heat just until heated through and pasta is evenly coated with sauce.
- Top each serving with a few strips of proscuitto.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION