Easy Vegetable-Herb Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 cups basmati rice (or other fine quality rice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- non-stick olive oil flavored cooking spray (or 1 tsp. olive oil, spread in pan with paper towel)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free margarine (or vegan margarine) (optional)
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray.
- Add onion and carrots and saute over medium heat, adding a few drops of water if necessary to prevent sticking, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and carrot is fairly tender.
- Add water rice, salt, dill weed, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Cover; simmer 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in parsley and fat-free margarine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Tried this recipe for my in-laws and I was disappointed. The rice did not cook in the time it gave. I ended up having to add a lot more water and boiling it till tender enough to eat. Gave the whole dish a very mushy texture. However the taste was good. But if you are going to make this, plan on extra cooking time. and probally add water slowly not wanting to burn it.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at email@example.com