Easy Stuffed Roast Goose
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- Wipe the goose with a damp cloth and rub the cavity with salt.
- Prepare stuffing according to package direction,stuff cavity and secure the vent.
- Rub the bird with about 1 tbl salt.
- Turn the skin of the neck backward and secure on to the back.
- Twist the wings back and skewer the thighs.
- Prick the bird well with a fork, lay on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast in hot oven 400' degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 375' degrees F and roast 20-25 minutes per pound until tender.
- Baste the bird frequently with a sprinkling of water and skim off the fat as it accumulates in the pan.
- Put the giblets and neck in a saucepan with onion, a few celery leaves, salt pepper to taste and cold water to cover, simmer gently 1 hour.
- Add the liver to the broth and simmer for 30 minutes more.
- Strain the broth, reserving it for the gravy, chop the liver and giblets.
- Arrange the goose on heated platter.
- removing the ties and skewers.
- Skim off most the fat from roasting pan and scrape the remainder and brownings into saucepan; stir in 1-2 tbl flour, gradually pour in broth to make 1 1/2 cup liquid in all (add more water or white wine is nice too) if needed.
- Stirring constantly til thickens; add the liver and giblets simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour into gravy boat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!