Easy Sausage Parmesan Risotto
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups short-grain rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up with a spoon, until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the garlic, onion, zucchini, oregano, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, stirring to coat.
- Add 3 cups of the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer, stirring once, for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock.
- Simmer, stirring often, until moist and creamy, 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato, parmesan and parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>