Easy No-Chill Sugar Cookies
photo by Jessa M
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Do not chill dough. Divide dough into two balls. On a floured surface roll each ball into a circle approximately 12" wide and 1/8" thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour and cut out cookies.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 6 - 7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. It helps to line pans with parchment paper for easy cookie removal.
I needed to make a lot of cookies for an upcoming cookie decorating party for 3 year olds. I tried this recipe today, and I will never use a different recipe! I doubled the recipe and divided it into fourths to roll it out. Easy to put together, a dream to roll (and re-roll), easy to transfer, and baked up beautifully. The taste is very good, and they are tender without being fragile. I’m so pleased!