Easy Meatless Marinara Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An easy and quick way to make delicious marinara sauce. So much better than what comes out of the jar!!
- Ready In:
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes (without puree or juice is better for a thicker sauce)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves (or more to suit your taste)
- Add tomatoes (break these up after putting in the pot. I find it easy to use a potatoe masher or a "wand"), tomato paste, minced onion and garlic and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower to a simmer and add the sugar, basil, oregano, and parsley (all to suit you taste). It is best to add these ingredients one at a time starting with the sugar and stirring well after each addition.
- Cover and simmer about 5-10 minutes and taste.
- Add more of the sugar, basil, oregano, or parsley as needed.
- Serve over angel hair or your favorite pasta and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION