Easy Leche Flan
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
1 cake tin
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla
- Put brown sugar and water in a saucepan. Caramelize on high heat. It will be ready when you see big bubbles popping and the texture is thick.
- Line cake tin with caramel. Be sure to line the sides of the pan. A tip for getting the caramel to stick to the sides is to line it and then throw it in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Blend all ingredients in a big bowl with a hand mixer or spoon as not to create bubbles.
- Pour mixture into caramel lined cake pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place tin in a larger baking pan half filled with water.
- Place pan in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees and bake flan for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Take the foil off in the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Place serving deep dish over top of the cake pan, and invert. Flan will easily plate, and the caramel provides a wonderful sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!