Cafe Con Leche Flan
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Combining Cafe con Leche and Flan seemed like a no-brainer. It's a rich coffe-caramel custard, and irresistable finale to an good Tex-Mex meal, or jsut about anything else.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup, light
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk, whole
- 14 ounces milk, sweetened condensed
- 1 tablespoon espresso, instant powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350; place 8 (6 ounce) custard cups or ramekins in a large baking dish.
- Place sugar, water, and corn syrup in a heavy medium saucepan. Heat over a medium to medium-high heat, swirling saucepan to let sugar dissolve evenly. Continue to cook, without stirring, until the sugar turns a deep caramel in color.
- Immediately remove from heat; pour hot caramel into bottoms of custard cups/ramekins.
- place eggs and egg yolks in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add milk, sweetened condensed milk, espresso powder, and cinnamon; beat until throughly blended. Pour evenly into the custard ups/ramekins.
- Add enough hot water into the baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins (water bath); cover with foil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until custards are set but still quiverly like gelatine.
- Remove from oven; place on wire racks to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until cold, preferably overnight. (Flan can be made up to 2 days in advance).
- To serve: run a knife with a thin blade around the edges to loosen custard from teh sides of the cup. INvert onto serving plates, shaking slightly to release custard and caramel.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION