Easy Incredible Taco Soup
photo by CIndytc
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans, undrained (can be harder to find in the North, try seasoned chili beans as a sub)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (We use Miller Light, may sub chicken broth)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (We use Rotel Brand)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 5 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- Brown beef in a stockpot, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Return beef to pot. Rinse and drain pinto beans, corn, and green beans. Stir pinto beans and next 8 ingredients into beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes.
- Cut tortillas into 1/4-inch strips. Place on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400° for 5 to 8 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls, and top with tortilla strips.
- Yield: Makes 10 cups.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!