Easy Collard Greens
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
4 1 cup servings
- Cut the bacon into one inch pieces and fry in a large stock pot on medium high until cooked.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the salt and collard greens then stir.
- Lower heat to medium low and cover collard greens. Cook for 1 hour covered.
- Add the red pepper flakes and let cook uncovered for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I liked this a lot! It was a little heavy on the bacon, but then again I served it with mac and cheese and oven fried chicken, so I really wanted it to be more of a vegetable side dish. I will definitely make again but with a little less bacon and red pepper flakes, which were a little too spicy for us.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Simple: I love Food!!!!!!!!!!!! I am always looking for new ingredients that compliment each other or that surprise the taste buds when combined. I feel that the variety of food that exist along with the variety of taste that appeal to our taste buds are a gift from god. Life would be so dull if everything did taste like chicken. But take chicken, coat it with herbs, panko bread crumbs and olive oil and you've got exploration on a plate!