Easy and Quick Elegant Steak With Garlic Mushroom Sauce
photo by golddigge-wally
- Ready In:
- 2 -8 ounces sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh shallots (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (Finely chopped or grated)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup of ready to serve beef gravy
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Grill or broil steak to desired doneness. Place on serving plate and cover with foil.
- In a saute pan, melt butter on medium low and add shallots, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Saute until mushrooms are tender (about 5 min.) and add beef gravy and white wine and bring to a slow boil, stir and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Immediately turn down to low, add sour cream and stir and heat for about 2 - 5 more minutes (until heated through).
- Serve sauce over steaks and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with potatoes or egg noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Born and raised in Texas. Grew up on a farm and ranch riding the plow with my dad and feeding the cows. I started cooking early by baking cookies on Sunday afternoons and cooking stuff like bacon and eggs, burgers and steaks. My love of cooking increased while being on my own in college. I've been cooking for over 20 years. I'm married with a boy and girl. I work at my daughter's school part-time.