Easy and Elegant Sea Scallops
I found this recipe on the wrapper of a package of scallops I had just purchased. It sounds really good and something quick to make. I usually only have scallops when people are coming to dinner, and this will make the main course a breeze to prepare.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil and butter together in a skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, pepper, parsley and salt to taste. Saute on medium heat until mushrooms are tender (about 8 minutes). Meanwhile, mince garlic. After mushrooms are tender, add garlic to pan. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Add scallops and sherry. Cook over a very high heat until sherry is reduced by half, turning scallops once (approximately 2 minutes per side). When finished, the scallops will be covered with an elegant light brown glaze.