Drunken Tomato/Bloody Mary
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
3-5 jars, one bloody mary
- cherries or grape tomatoes
- pimento stuffed olive
- banana pepper, sliced
- fresh garlic
- any type vodka (sometimes pepper flavored is too strong)
- Tabasco sauce
- hot sauce (I use Louisiana)
- banana pepper, juice (if it's on hand)
- pickle juice
- celery salt
- v 8 vegetable juice or tomato juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- In the bottom of each container place 1-2 cloves of garlic and a sprig of cilantro along with 5-6 olives and some slices of pepper.
- With a bamboo skewer or knife poke holes in the end of the tomatoes and pack as many into the container as possible leaving a 1/2 inch breathing room on the top of the containers.
- Just cover the tomato mixture with vodka and let stand in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- BLOODY MARY - makes one glass: 6-12 shakes of Tabasco (I like it hot), 6-12 shakes hot sauce, 2 teaspoons pickle juice, 2 teaspoons pepper juice, 4-5 shakes Worcestershire sauce, dill, celery salt, salt and pepper to taste. Fill glass with V-8 and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are quick and easy to prepare, but I did make one small change- I added some Worcestershire sauce into the vodka “marinade.” Served with a little salt and lemon juice, these are terrific. Don’t let them soak too long though or you will have to whir a few of them in the blender and add other ingredients to make your Bloody Mary! Thanks for the quick, simple, and tasty addition to my collection.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love recipezaar! I'm not really an active member as far as the boards or anything, but I really enjoy reading through all of the recipes some nights and trying to come up with different ways to feed my picky husband. I usually have the best luck with cookies :) We just had a baby in 2008 and he's the sweetest guy ever - picture Charlie Brown. That's my guy!