Double- Decker Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 8 slices bread
- 4 slices cheese, cheddar
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese (or mozzarella)
- Spread margarine evenly on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place 4 slices of bread, buttered sides down, in 12-inch skillet. Top each with 1 slice of Cheddar cheese and 1 slice of Monterey Jack cheese. Top with remaining bread, buttered sides up.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat about 5 minutes or until the bottom of the sandwiches are golden brown; turn. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until the bottoms are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Join The Conversation
Good golly miss folly! This is just terrific. I know this is a gloriously easy recipe, but wow! Who says you have to have a hard recipe to make something so good you wished for 2x the amount? I used butttarr and a mozz/provlone mixture with sharp cheddar on rye! Get the peas and pass the mashed potatoes, this is off the chart goodness in the palm of your hand. Love from The Longmeadow!