Donna's Easy Beef Stroganoff
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sirloin steak (cut into thin fajita-type strips)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (2 ounce) bag egg noodles (I use the wide ones)
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 -8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms (I use Green Giant in the jar but drain them first.)
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts (optional)
- The night before, I marinate my beef strips.
- (my marinade is posted on this site.) Cook egg noodles as directed, drain them and set them aside.
- Saute onions until translucent in the butter but do not drain them you want to keep the butter.
- Cook beef strips in the Worcestershire sauce on low to med heat until done, drain off and save the juice and let it cool.
- Set the beef strips aside.
- Use a large mixing bowl and with a mixer, mix the sour cream, cooled beef juices and cream cheese.
- Pour the noodles into a extra-large skillet or soup pot and add the beef,onions in butter,mushrooms, water chestnuts, peas, sour cream mixture and the spices.
- Simmer mixture on low until hot and bubbly.
- This dish can be poured into a large casserole dish and sprinkled with shredded Parmesans or mozzarella cheese and then baked in the oven until cheese has melted.
- Delicious with a salad and yeast rolls or Garlic bread!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Say Hi to my Toy Poodle Peek-A-Boo! She was born on Mothers day, 2007 About Me ~ I was born in Arlington Virginia. My Mother and Father both worked for the F.B.I. After I was born we moved back to Tennessee, Where my parents were born. I have remained here because of the beautiful Mountains! We bought a Home overlooking the mountains of Cumberland Gap Tn. I love to cook!!! Before I became disabled, I worked as a Caterer and as a Supervizing Manager in a Deli/Market for 15 years. It was my life. I miss it very much. I have learned alot about cooking and baking from my Grandmother's and my Aunt's.We do a lot of canning, things like Jellies and Apple butter, Chow Chow,Mixed pickles, Strawberry jam, Gr. Beans and Pickled Beats. And my favorite is the homemade Strawberry Jam. We have even had several Mollasses Stir Offs in the Fall at my Church & we make Apple Butter and Cider. I was raised in the Southeast and we love to COOK. It must be something in the water? LOL & If it involves cooking count me in!!! I Love the Food Network and all the cooking shows. I Have found alot of great recipes and made alot of friends from this Web site. Participation Awards: <img a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"img src="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/Donna4566/kitchenexpeditionslogo2-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"/asrc="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/purplechefhat.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/chef3.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/Donna4566/MAINBANNER.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a>