Dirty Rice and Shrimp
photo by Chris A.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup frozen diced potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup ground beef or 1/2 cup vegetarian beef
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 cups shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- Saute celery and potatoes on medium heat.
- cook rice as instructions say.
- If necessary de-shell or devein and/or thaw the shrimp.
- Add in cherry tomatoes, beef, white wine and salt and pepper into celery and potatoes.
- Once wine has been absorbed add shrimp and garlic, turn down heat.
- As they cook add chili powder and creole sesoning.
- Now, as the rice is done add it to the mix.
- Stir and add salt and pepper as appropriate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!