Dill and Beet Salad
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 medium beets, greens removed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure honey
- In a large saucepan, simmer beats in 3-inches water and half of the vinegar, covered. Cook until beets are tender and can be pierced with a paring knife, about 40 minutes. Uncover and cool beets in the cooking liquid, about 20 minutes. Peel and cut beets into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and toss with the beets. Set aside for 30 minutes to marinate before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.