Delicious Grilled Steak
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 6mins
- 2 beef steaks (use rib-eye or T-bone steaks, about 16-24 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic, to taste or 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1 tablespoon molasses or 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- black pepper
- salt (optional) or seasoning salt (optional)
- Remove the steaks from the fridge and place in a shallow dish.
- In a bowl mix together the ginger, fresh garlic, honey and juice of 1 lime.
- Drizzle the mixture over the beef and let sit out on the counter until the beef is room temperature (this might take a couple hours depending on the size of your steak, turning the beef occasionally in the mixture.
- Start a charcoal fire or preheat gas grill (the fire should not be really hot and the rack should be positioned no more than 4-inches away from heat source).
- Remove the room temperature beef from the mixture and season with black pepper (use NO salt at this point you can salt the beef after cooking).
- Place the steak on the grill and spoon any remaining sauce over it.
- For rare (steaks under under 1-inch thick) grill about 3 minutes per side.
- For larger or more well-done steak increase the time slightly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!