Delicious Four Cheese Quiche
photo by AcadiaTwo
- Ready In:
1 middle seized quiche
- 0.5 (250 g) packet phyllo pastry (puff pastry also possible)
- 50 g gouda cheese
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 25 g emmenthaler cheese
- 50 g feta cheese
- 2 onions
- 1 leek
- 200 g whipping cream
- 125 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut onions, leek and feta cheese into small cubes. Grate gouda, emmenthaler and parmesan cheese finely.
- Line a round spring form (aprox. 26 cm diameter) with the phyllo pastry.
- Mix together the eggs, the milk and the cream. Blend in the cheese (best using your hands).
- Pour the mixture into the spring form and bake for about 35 minutes or until the filling has set and is golden-brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! I added some crispy bacon to it too! I served it as a side dish with sirloin steak and roasted red peppers. Made for Potluck tag 2010. This time when I made it I cheated and placed the quiche part of the recipe into a store bought deep dish pie crust! I was surprised when I came to review it that I had made and reviewed in before. I'm still giving it 5 stars in 2012. Made for Veg 'N Swap tag.
This is a wonderful quiche recipe.. My DH and DS have fallen in love with it and have asked for it to be made again this week.. I did up the ingredients as I made a larger quiche than stated as I wanted extra to take on a picnic the next day. I also used Gruyere instead of Gouda but kept the other cheeses the same. The quiche came out so light and fluffy and was totally delicious. I think I might even try adding some ham in next time. I loved the combination of all the cheeses with the leeks and onoin.. A super simple no fuss recipe that tastes wonderful. My DH and DS said it is one of the best quiches they have eaten. Thanks Lalaloula for a such a fab recipe!!! :)
Great cheese quiche!!! I made it using the puff pastry and loved that for the crust, nice and flaky!! I used the cheese I had on hand, which was swiss, gruyere, parmesan and cheddar cheeses. I used all onion (which I soften in the microwave first) as I didn't have any leeks and then added some salt and pepper. Next time I might add some mushrooms, bell pepper, and bacon or ham. Thanks for posting your recipe Lalaloula!!! Made for New Tag.