Date & Nut Dip or Spread
This recipe is from Kraft, a great dip for fruit or spread on toast or bagels. I'm not keen on almond essence so used coconut when I made this, I served it on bagels for brekky, yummo!
- Ready In:
- 250 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -2 drop almond essence (or flavoured essence of your choice)
- Beat softened cream cheese until smooth, blend in milk.
- Add dates, almonds, cinnamon and almond essence, mix well & chill.
- Serve with cracker biscuits or fresh fruit as a dip or use as a spread on bagels, mmm yum!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Enjoyed with apple slices today - I didn't use the milk as I liked the consistency without it. I used almond extract and I thought the flavors went together quite nicely, although I felt it could have been a little sweeter, maybe I would add a touch of honey or splenda next time. The crunch of the sliced almonds was especially good! Made for ZWT4.Reply
see 3 more