Chicken Enchilada Dip or Spread
photo by Charmie777
- Ready In:
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped red bell peppers (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (or cheddar-jack)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- Mix everything together in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Transfer the mixture to a lightly greased/sprayed medium baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is fantastic! Took this to a potluck at the lake this weekend, and it went over very well. I doubled the recipe and cooked it in the slow cooker for 3 hours on low. Added a little extra green chiles, and some white pepper. The dip was creamy and delicioius. Several people asked for the recipe. Loved it! Made for ZWT5!