Date and Ginger Oat Cookies
photo by truebrit
- Ready In:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 125 g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sift flour into bowl, stir in oats,coconut, sugar, dates and ginger.
- Combine butter, golden syrup and water in pan, stir over low heat until butter is melted.
- Stir butter mixture into flour mixture.
- Roll into balls (1 tablespoon), place on prepared cookie trays, flattening slightly, allow room for spreading between each cookie.
- Bake in moderately hot oven for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned, cool on trays.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Addictive!! I loved the chewy texture of the dates and the coconut really made these a winner. I kept to your recipe exactly. I thought at first that they would be too dry because they were still rather crumbly when I was shaping them, but they were just right. Thanks for posting these, I'm off to make another batch!
These are very good. I was looking for something different to do with dates instead of my date rolls (#332742) . DH liked them too. I used Splenda instead of sugar. I figured there was already so much sugar in these with the dates and coconut - why not....they came out fine. They didn't spread much so when I made the second batch I just put it all in an 8x8 pan and made bars. Baked at 375 for about 15 minutes. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Work in hospitality, enjoy music, reading and cooking. Passion is honest and realiable people with a sense of humour. Pet peeve - bad manners. Very partial to all styles of asian food.