Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 50mins
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Bring cream and half and half to boil in heavy sauce pan.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk yolks and 1/3 cup sugar in large bowl to blend.
- Gradually whisk in hot chocolate mixture.
- Divide custard among eight 3/4-cup custard cups.
- Place cups in large baking pan.
- Add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up sides of cups.
- Bake until custards are set, about 50 minutes.
- Remove from water; chill 2 hours.
- cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle each custard with 1 tbs sugar.
- Broil until sugar turns golden, watching carefully to avoid burning, about 3 minutes.
- Refrigerate until custards are set, 1-2 hours.
Join The Conversation
Oh my! This is to die for and is a must for chocoholics. I received a Creme Brulee Gift Set for Christmas and was excited to try out my little butane torch and I am so happy I chose this recipe to do so. I only made one half of the recipe since I only had 4 of the Creme Brulee dishes. I will get 4 more and serve this at my next dinner party. I know everyone would be very happy. Thank you Bev...Yum!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.