Curry Chicken Jamaican Style
- Ready In:
- Chop chicken into serving pieces, and wash with vinegar or lime, then set aside.
- In a large cooking pot heat up the cooking oil. When oil is hot, add in the garlic, black pepper, onion, scallions, and fresh thyme.
- Fry for about 3 minutes while stirring, then add curry powder and continue to fry on medium heat for about 4 more minutes.
- Add chicken pieces, and salt, stir and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook for about 5 minutes. then lift lid and stir again. Check again in 10 minutes. The chicken should have made enough of it's own liquid by now to cook in it's own juice, if not, then add a couple tablespoons of water. Cook for 20 more minutes, then add a whole scotch bonnet pepper (just lay the pepper on top of chicken, do not puncture it or the food will be too spicy!), put lid back on, and cook for five more minutes or until chicken is tender. Serve over hot white rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!