Cubed Steak Hoagies
photo by BearsFanJeff
- Ready In:
- 12 cube steaks, about 3-3 1/2 lbs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 12 hoagie rolls
- Mix together all the ingredients from the beef broth through the cracked black pepper to create a marinade.
- Using a meat tenderizer, pound the cubed steaks into 1/4-1/2 inch thickness.
- Separate the cubed steaks into two gallon-sized plastic storage bags. Cover the steaks with the marinade.
- Marinate the cubed steaks in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer.
- Slice the peppers and onion into 1/4 inch thick slices. Saute together with the oil until tender.
- Combine the mayonnasie and parmesan cheese to use as a spread.
- Grill the cubed steaks over medium-hot coals to desired doneness, about five minutes each side for medium. Brush with marinade during grilling.
- Serve on toasted hoagie rolls. Top with provolone slices, sauteed peppers and onions, and parmesan mayonnaise.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!