Crustless Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie With Greek Yogurt (Light, Lowfa
photo by coconutty
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Have all ingredients at room temperature, but if your cream cheese or neufchatel cheese is still cold, microwave it for 15-20 seconds to soften it.
- Check your canned pumpkin: If it is very dense and stiff, scrape it into a small bowl and mash it well; then gradually add almond milk (or milk) and mix until the pumpkin is the consistency of fluffy mashed potatoes; set aside. (Even if your pumpkin is soft and fluffy to start with, it would probably help to use at least a little almond milk to impart a little creamier texture.).
- Beat the softened cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended and smooth.
- Add Greek yogurt and mix to incorporate.
- Add sugar and spice; beat until incorporated.
- Lightly beat one egg, add to batter and beat briefly just to combine. Repeat with remaining egg.
- Add pumpkin; beat just until incorporated and smooth.
- Spray a round 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake in middle of oven at 325 degrees for about 30-35 minutes, until center is almost set (the center should jiggle slightly when pan is gently shaken).
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack. When completely cool, chill for at least a few hours (or place in freezer for about 30-40 minutes).
- NOTE: You could probably substitute 7/8 cup cooked pureed pumpkin or other winter squash for the canned pumpkin.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!