Crustless Lemon or Vanilla Cheesecake With Greek Yogurt (Lowfat)
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cream cheese or 8 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 16 ounces plain lowfat Greek yogurt (2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (you may want more if making the lemon version)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon rind (or to taste) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste) (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- cooking spray
- Have all ingredients at room temperature, but if your cream cheese or neufchatel cheese is still cold, microwave it for about 25 seconds to soften it.
- Beat the softened cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended and smooth. Add Greek yogurt and mix to incorporate.
- Add sugar and vanilla, lemon rind and juice (if using); beat until incorporated.
- Lightly beat one egg, add to batter and beat briefly just to combine. Repeat with remaining eggs, one at a time.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake in middle of oven at 325 degrees for about 40 minutes, until center is almost set (the center should jiggle slightly when pan is gently shaken).
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack. When completely cool, chill for at least 12 hours (or place in freezer for about 30-40 minutes).
- NOTE: I just tried making this with honey and did not like the result as much as when it is made with sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!