Crock Pot Snapper Vera Cruz
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup clam juice
- 1 lb red snapper fillet, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced on the horizontal
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 10 pimento stuffed olives, thinly sliced
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook onions, stirring, until they're softened; add garlic, oregano, cinnamon, cloves and jalapeno peppers and cook, stirring, for one minute.
- Add tomatoes and clam juice and bring to a boil.
- Transfer this mixture to your slow cooker and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours-- until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Stir in fish and lemon juice; cover and cook on High for 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Stir in capers and pour mixture onto a warmed platter.
- Garnish with sliced olives and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been sharing recipes here at Recipezaar since October 2001. You won't see me around anymore, although if you're an old-school Zaarite you'll remember that in the past, you couldn't shut me up!