Crock Pot Short Ribs With Mashed Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 3 -5 lbs short ribs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 large onions or 1 large two small onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (I used medium)
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- mashed potatoes
- Coat short ribs in the flour, salt, and pepper mixture. Shake off and brown on all sides.
- Transfer ribs to crock pot.
- In same pan, saute onions and bell peppers till onion is translucent, pour contents of pan over short ribs.
- In bowl combine salsa, chili sauce, worchester, beef stock and red wine vinegar.
- Pour liquid mixture over short ribs. Cook on low for 7 hours.
- When the ribs are finished strain some of the broth (about 2 cups) and set aside.
- Make a roux of the butter and flour and add the broth, stir until thickened and glossy.
- Serve the rib on top of the mashed potatoes topped with gravy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the married mother of two children. One has special needs, so the family is gluten free. Lucky for me I love to cook and am managing to experiment. I have excellent gluten-full as well as gluten-free recipes. I just love to take a recipe and twiddle around with it until it suits me. My work is in marketing my husbands physical therapy clinic. Lunches are chiefly catered by me and that has been (thankfully) successful.