Crock Pot Pizza Beans
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 15mins
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3⁄4 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 - 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- parmesan cheese
- Brown sausage and put in crock pot.
- Sauté green pepper, onion, and garlic in sausage drippings and place in crock pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the parmesan cheese. Stir and cook on low 7-9 hours.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We liked this recipe. We used pre-cooked beans (cooked them overnight in the slow-cooker). We tried this recipe in keeping with our new goal to eat less meat, and it worked great because here we had the taste of the sausage, but it was bulked up with high-fiber, healthy (cheap!) beans. We had it over rice.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a christian, homeschooling mother of two and happily married to a wonderful man.I'm interested in history, antiques, arts and crafts, and healthy living.