Crock Pot Pepper Steak & Onions
My version of Pepper Steak, compiled from several different recipes on the web and adjusted to taste and what I had in the fridge! This is a "runnier" version as opposed to a thicker sauce, it's great for dunking! Nice winter comfort food on a cold day.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 yellow onion, sliced in rings
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Cut chuck steak into julienned strips, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and saute with the chopped garlic and pepper flakes in the tablespoon of olive oil until lightly browned.
- Transfer the chuck steak to a large crock pot.
- Mix the 3 tablespoons of flour with the beef broth and pour on top of meat.
- Add the Teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato and brown sugar.
- Stir well and cook on high for two hours.
- After two hours of cooking on high, add the onion and peppers, turn heat down to low and cook for an additional 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve over rice or buttered egg noodles.