Croatian Green Pumpkin Soup
photo by Mara232
- Ready In:
- 1 green pumpkin, peeled cored and flesh shredded (I use a cheese shredder)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 500 g sour cream
- 1 large cooking onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- paprika (optional)
- cayenne powder (optional)
- In a large soup pot place shredded pumpkin, add 2.5 cups of water. Let pot boil and then reduce heat to medium-high and let cook for 30 minutes.
- In a separate pan add olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook until garlic and onion is cooked and lightly browned. Once cooked set aside.
- After 30 minutes turn off heat, add onion mixture and tub of sour cream to soup. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can eat the soup this way or you can blend it. I like it blended so the soup is creamy. I blend the soup and then put it back in the pot. I add paprika and cayenne (by taste).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!