Crispy Eggplant Sandwich
photo by Angela G.
- Ready In:
- Preheat the barbecue or griddle to a high heat.
- Wash the eggplants, dry and cut in thin-slices lengthwise. Cook them for about 2 minutes each side until tender.
- Fill eggplants with cheese and ham like a sandwich and set aside. Then, in two separate shallow bowls put the breadcrumbs, the flour and put the seasoned eggs with salt and pepper in another bowl.Dip eggplants sandwiches in the flour, then in the eggs and finally press them well in the breadcrumbs before frying them in the hot oil.
- Heat some seeds oil in a frying pan and cook them for about 3 minutes each side: they should be crunchy outside within a soft, melting cheese.
- Add a pinch of salt if you like. Enjoy!
- NB: as an alternative to fry, put on a baking tray and bake in med oven until golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!