Creamy Wild Leek Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 garlic cloves (pressed)
- 5 mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 ounces chopped spinach
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 10 cups beef stock
- 5 potatoes (grated)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1⁄4 of a whole nutmeg (grated)
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild leeks (chopped)
- 500 g kielbasa
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- Place onion, bacon, and water in a dutch oven and cook until water is evaporated then sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and mushrooms. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add spinach and celery. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add stock to cover and then potatoes and carrot.
- Add remaining stock and spices, bring to a gentle boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add kielbasa and leeks and simmer for 5 mins.
- Remove from burner, add remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Life is changing. Havent quite landed yet and decided. My primary occupation these days is being me. As for the rest in the imortal words of Peirre Elliot "just watch me" <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">