photo by EppiRN
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sweet bell peppers, sliced thin (red, orange or yellow)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded & finely diced (optional)
- 4 -6 medium squash, quartered lengthwise & thinly sliced (summer squash, zucchini or mexican squash)
- 3 -4 large tomatoes, chopped (or 28oz can diced tomatoes, undrained)
- 1 cup water (hold if using canned tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Colby-Jack, Mexican mix, Taco mix)
- In large fry pan, heat olive oil. Sauté onion & garlic a few minutes.
- Add bell peppers, corn, chilies & jalapeno. Cook a few minutes more.
- Add squash, tomatoes & water. Bring to boil, then turn heat down.
- Cook until all veggies tender, at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a little more water if needed, so slightly soupy.
- Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese.
- Adjust seasonings as needed. Serve with warm tortillas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!