Creamy Bagna Cauda
- Ready In:
4 1/2 cups dip
- 1 lb real butter
- 3 cans anchovy fillets
- 3 heads garlic, mashed
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Saute garlic in butter until light brown but NOT SCORCHED.
- Add anchovy filets, then cream.
- Hold out about 1/2 cup cream and combine with cornstarch.
- Stir thickener into mixture.
- Bring to a SIMMER but DO NOT BOIL.
- Stir constantly until thickened.
- You can place this in a fondue pot and serve with small, bite size assorted veggies or bread cubes.
- Some suggestions are carrot slices, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, celery slices, cabbage leaves, Belgian Endive, broccoli florets, etc.
- Guests can dip their choice into the warm sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I hate to bake (almost as much as I hate to vacuum!), and I'll go to great lengths to avoid having to make cookies.