Cream of Broccoli Soup - Low Fat
photo by CountryLady
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch broccoli stem
- 5 cups vegetable stock or 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat; saute onion& garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Peel the broccoli stalks& cut into 1/2 inch rounds; saute, stirring occasionally for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, water, oats& seasonings; bring to a boil, reduce heat& simmer for about 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Being careful with this hot liquid, puree in batches in a blender; return to the pot& test for seasonings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">