Cream Cheese Tuna Bake
- Ready In:
- 1 (4 ounce) cup macaroni, cook and drain
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- Blend cream cheese and soup together.
- Stir in tuna, vegetables, mustard, salt, milk and macaroni.
- Put into a buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle crumbs on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was truly a great idea. I had no idea what to do with tuna and cream cheese and then I found this recipe. I used more pasta (2x) and rather than using cream of mushroom soup I put in fresh mushrooms and some sherry with a little ground thyme and rosemary and a tsp or so of balsamic vinaigrette. It was delicious! Oh yeah, I didn't use the cornflakes either. Mess with this recipe people, it's a great one!
This was a winner with my family, although I tweaked the recipe a bit to fit what we had in the pantry. We had no pimientoes or green peppers, so I used a small can of green chiles, no tuna (ironically), so I used 10oz of salmon. I used yellow mustard and five drops of hot chinese mustard for an extra kick. :) The baking time ended up being more like 30 minutes, and was a little soupier than expected, but tasted wonderful. Although the family agreed that next time there should be more macaroni and mustard. Thanks for the lovely recipe, I will definitely make this again! -Emilee