Cream Cheese Frosting
photo by scancan
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- In a mixer bowl beat together the cream cheese, butter or margarine, and vanilla till light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, beat till smooth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
i used about 2/3 the stick of butter as per linazee's suggestion, and only 1 1/2 cups of sugar. it really turned out great, it was fluffy, kept its form, wasn't runny. lovely tangy flavour, but not overwhelmingly cream-cheesy. I used it on a sponge sandwich filled with whipped cream and raspberry preserves. A perfect companion.
like previous suggestions i cut the sugar and used 2 cups. i also used about 2/3 of the stick of butter instead of the whole thing. to make it easier to work with i softened the butter and cream cheese together for 1 min on 50%power. creamy and delicious. the reduced sugar really highlights the tangy-ness of the cream cheese