Cream Cheese Filled Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 250 g ground meat (beef and or pork)
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 4 slices bacon (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 70 g cream cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 -3 pinches dried Italian seasoning (basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, sage, and or thyme)
- Mix the first 9 ingredients together in a bowl to make the meatballs.
- Separate into 8 equal parts and build flat round patties.
- Mix the rest of ingredients into a separate bowl to make the filling.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Divide the filling onto 4 of the patties. Be careful not to add too much and to place it in the center.
- Place the remaining 4 patties on top of the filling, being careful not to spill the filling.
- Add some olive oil to a hot pan and sear the patties for 30 secs on each side.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes to finish them off.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
That recipe is awsome, the meatballs are so delicious and easy to do!<br/>The meat and the filling go well together and finishing them in the oven makes them stay juicy and soft. A great way for making them, they came out wonderfully!<br/>Served next to veggies, salad or home made fried, its just a dream!<br/>Thanks for sharing!