photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lb crawfish tail, peeled (2-1/2 cups peeled tails)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups raw long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons green onion tops
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1⁄4 cup crawfish fat
- Heat oil, add flour and cook to deep brown, stirring constantly. Add onions and cook slowly about 3 or 4 minutes. Slowly add the 1-1/2 cups water. Allow this to simmer, uncovered, until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 30 or more minutes).
- Add crawfish tails and cook until they turn pink. Add the 2 cups water and bring to boil. Stir in the rice and all other ingredients. Cover, reduce heat and cook until rice is dry, about 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!