Crappy Grabbies (For Freezing Ahead of Time)
photo by Andi Longmeadow Farm
- Ready In:
- In medium bowl, blend first 6 ingredients until well blended. Stir in crab meat and parsley.
- Spread crab mixture evenly on each English muffin half, all the way to the edges. Don't scrimp, you'll have plenty for each muffin. Using a bread knife, cut each muffin half into 4 quarters.
- Place Crabby Grabbies on cookie sheets, making sure they are not touching each other. Place cookie sheet in freezer overnight.
- Place frozen Grabbies in freezer safe container or in freezer bags and store in the freezer.
- To bake: preheat oven to 350 degrees; Place frozen Grabbies on cookie sheet and bake until browned and bubbly, 10-15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Boy, these were a hit on so many levels! First, they are easy to put together, secondly, you can freeze them, wonderfully. Third, they make a great dinner (fast!) and it's good for the soul. I followed this fairly exactly, except I accidentally bought the Pimento Cheese (in the jar - just like the Old English Cheese), but it tasted so good, mixed all together. Also, I took a biscuit cutter and cut a smaller circle in the english muffins, and that made the grabbies even more bite-sized. (I used the extra outsides of the english muffins for a crusty topping for salads by toasting them in a pan until crispy.) These are so good you will enjoy every grabby bite! I also dotted the top with minced green peppers for color. Thanks!