Cranberry Strawberry Rhubarb Dessert
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 cups thinly sliced rhubarb
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cake: Combine the first five ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Add the egg and milk, stirring until moistened.
- Spread evenly in a 13" x 9" greased pan.
- Combine the rhubarb and cranberries.
- Sprinkle evenly over the cake.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the fruit.
- Topping: Combine all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle over the fruit.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until fruit is tender in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>