Cranberry-Orange Oatmeal Cookies
photo by Late Night Gourmet
- Ready In:
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup light butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange peel, ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat all ingredients except oats, flour and cranberries with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in oats, flour and cranberries.
- On UNGREASED cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9 minutes or until light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack or sheets of paper towel.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have two teenagers who keep things very busy around our house during the daytime. I also work long hours at Ford Motor Company, and I do want to spend time with my family every day. If I try to cook when my kids have their friends over, I'm certain to be interrupted. In other words, my available times for cooking are very limited. I don't want to give up on anything I love - my family, my job, my cooking - so I do most of my cooking after everyone has gone to bed. My wife is a teacher, so this can be very late at night during the summer. Sometimes, I don't get started with my prep work until 12:30 a.m. Am I crazy?? Maybe. I'm also constantly working on healthier ways to prepare food. I deconstruct every recipe I like, and try to make it with healthier ingredients. The big challenge is keeping the food tasty. I believe it's possible to enjoy what you eat and still be healthy. I lost 15 pounds in 6 months largely by preparing my own food (and exercising). If I didn't keep such loony hours, I'd call myself "The Healthy Gourmet".