Cranberry-Orange Glazed Ham
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Great for the holidays, I would much rather have a ham than a turkey any day.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 1 (16 -18 lb) smoked cooked ham
- 1 whole clove
- 2 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 oranges, sliced
- 6 maraschino cherries, halved
- Slice skin from ham. Score fat on ham in a diamond design and stud with cloves. Place ham, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch fat or bone. Bake at 325°F for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cranberry juice, honey, cider vinegar, flour, mustard, and butter in a saucepan, mixing well. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute.
- Coat exposed portion of ham with remaining sugar. Place orange slices on ham, securing in centers with wooden picks; leave tips of picks exposed. Place cherry half on each pick.
- Pour hot cranberry mixture over ham;bake an additional 1 hour or until thermometer reads 140°F, basting ham with pan juices twice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION