- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (11 ml) envelope fleichman's instant quick-rising yeast
- 2⁄3 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk (regular 2% or fat-free)
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 1⁄4 cups robin hood best for bread homestyle white flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup coarse sugar
- DOUGH: Combine warm water and sugar in a large bowl. Sprinkle yeast over mixture. Let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in next 7 ingredients. Add 2 1/2 cups flour, stirring to combine. Stir in additional flour a bit at a time to make a soft dough. Knead 10 minutes by hand on a lightly floured surface or 5 minutes in a mixer on low speed.
- Place dough in a lightly buttered or oiled large bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap amnd let rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down on a lightly floured surface. Knead in cranberries. Shape into a flat round about 8-inches in diameter. Place on a parhment-lined baking sheet. Cover lightly with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- TOPPING: Gently brush with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until golden. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- If you are not serving right away, wrap focaccia well in foil and freeze in a plastic freezer bag. When ready to serve, defrost on counter,. Place in preheated 375F oven for 8-10 minutes, or until warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Although I followed the recipe most of the way, I did use a very generous measure of the dried cranberries, & we found this focaccia to be ABSOLUTELY GREAT! Had intended on sharing it with my son & DIL, but they were a little late coming around, & within 24 hours, 2 of us had managed to devour most of it! Definitely a keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my theme, Bread, Be It Ever So Humble!, in the current My 3 Chefs event]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.