Cranberry Chocolate Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of 13x9 baking pan.
- Prepare cake mix with water, eggs and oil according to package directions.
- Add half cranberry sauce, mix, until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place whipped topping in a medium sized bowl. Sift cocoa over whipped topping, fold mixture until well blended.
- When cake has cooled, place remaining cranberry sauce in small microwaveable bowl, microwave on high 15 seconds or until softened. Spoon over cake, spread evenly. Top with whipped topping mix.
- Sprinkle with almond pieces, just before serving.
- TIP: Use a large container of whipped topping, and also toast the almonds in a 350F oven on a cookie sheet until slightly browned, this brings out the flavor.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.