photo by gunthera1
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 5 teaspoons taco seasoning mix (1/2 of a 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 ounce envelope)
- 2⁄3 cup couscous
- 8 ounces firm tofu (fresh bean curd) or 8 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and finely chopped (fresh bean curd)
- 10 taco shells, warmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 3 ounces)
- In a medium saucepan combine undrained stewed tomatoes, water, onion, and taco seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous and tofu.
- Cover; remove from heat- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon couscous mixture into taco shells.
- Top with lettuce and cheese- Serve with salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!