Country White Bread (Bread Machine)
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast (or 2 1/2 t. bread machine yeast)
2 pound loaf
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 1 1/2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder, plus
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon gluten, plus
- 1 teaspoon gluten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rise yeast (or 1 T. bread machine yeast)
- Place all ingredients in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer’s directions.
- Set crust on medium and program for the Basic cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place on a rack; cool to room temperature before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!